Quarantine is upon us. And this means most of INIFD Kothrud’s design squad is cooped up at home. But fret not, we have an overall routine that you can follow to keep life on track under quarantine.
This routine is just a general guide for you based on healthy goals. You can, of course, tweak it based on what works for you. Allowing a lot of flexibility with yourself & not pressuring yourself to complete everything is key. This routine is just to give you structure & a sense of control & stability.
So here is the routine:
8:00 am- Wake Up
- Make your bed.
- Wash your face and brush your teeth.
- Take a shower.
8:30-9:30- Get Mentally Ready for the Day
- Meditate for 10 minutes. You can use guided meditations available for free on YouTube.
- Eat breakfast (bonus points if you make your own breakfast).
- Read the newspaper.
- Try not to check your phone or emails right away.
9:30-1:30- Let’s Get Productive
- Begin by making a to-do list of work tasks. Try giving each task a 45-minute time slot.
- Do your designated study or homework.
- Attend your online lecture (if any).
- Do the readings given by teachers.
- Check and respond to emails.
1:30-2:30- Lunch Break
- Help whoever is in the kitchen in making the food.
- Have lunch.
- Try not to use your phone while eating.
- Use this meal to catch up with family or roommates.
2:30-4:30- Bonus Productivity
- Make sure you’re checking off the tasks on your to-do lists.
- Try finishing up any remaining work for the day.
- Make sure all your study work is complete.
- Get some extra reading in for your exams here if you’re done with your to-do list
- Submit your assignments.
4:30-5:30- Get Some Activity In
Try doing a home workout to keep your body fit and healthy. Here are some examples
- Intensive Yoga
- High-Intensity Interval Training
- Bodyweight Training
Try using apps like Nike Training Club, YouTube channels like Blogilates, or Adidas Training Centre to get amazing home workouts for free.
5:30-6:30- Spend Time With Yourself
You can pick any one of these recommended activities:
- Sit near a window or balcony while reading.
- Listen to music and watch the sunset.
- If you have a society with a big compound, go for a walk while still maintaining adequate social distance.
- Try painting or some kind of art.
- You can also work in your sketching and professional design skills at this point
Related Post - Can Housewives Learn Interior Designing
6:30-7:30- Clean Up
Use this time to clean up some part of the house. Here are some examples:
- Clean and rearrange your cupboard.
- Dust off your shelves and tables.
- Clean out the fridge.
- Fix that leaky tap or fused light.
7:30-9:00- Get Lazy
Use this time to do any sort of lazy sedentary activity. Here are some examples:
- Play board games.
- Scroll on social media.
- Watch YouTube videos.
- Watch Netflix or Amazon Prime.
9:00-10:00- Dinner Time
- Have Dinner.
- Talk to your family about your day.
10:00- 11:30- Get Ready For Bed
- Watch one episode of your favorite show
- Change, freshen up & take a quick shower if you need it.
- Have a cup of warm water or honey tea.
- Read a book.
- Light’s out and now it's time for bed.
And that’s it. Remember to be kind to yourselves & remember that simply following this as a guideline is enough. You don’t need to be extremely hard on yourself about a routine. We’re all doing our best & that looks different for everyone.
These are challenging times so be easy on yourselves. Stay healthy and stay safe.